Highly inspirational writer and speaker… If we did half what he is doing, we’d be twice as successful and twice as happy! 🙂
If you’re on the path to greatness you know that you always need to be improving upon yourself. There is never an end to developing yourself and even those who are at the top need to be consistently growing. I found this great list of ways to improve yourself on Lifehack.com. I thought I would share it with you as I implement a lot of these strategies each day and have seen great results.
Do you constantly seek to improve yourself and become better? Make sure to let me know how implementing some of these tips have improved your life.
37 Great Ways To Improve Yourself
1. Pick up a new hobby. Beyond just your usual favourite hobbies, is there something new you can pick up? Any new sport you can learn? Examples are fencing, golf, rock climbing, football, canoeing, or ice skating. Your new hobby can also be a recreational hobby. For example, pottery, Italian cooking, dancing, wine appreciation, web design, etc. Learning something new requires you to stretch yourself in different aspects, whether physically, mentally or emotionally.
2. Take up a new course. Is there any new course you can join? Courses are a great way to gain new knowledge and skills. It doesn’t have to be a long-term course – seminars or workshops serve their purpose too. I’ve been to a few workshops and they have helped me gain new insights which I had not considered before.
4. Overcome your fears. All of us have fears. Fear of uncertainty, fear of public speaking, fear of risk… All our fears keep us in the same position and prevent us from growing. Recognize that your fears reflect areas where you can grow. I always think of fears as the compass for growth. If I have a fear about something, it represents something I’ve yet to address, and addressing it helps me to grow.
5. Level up your skills. If you have played video games before especially RPGs, you’ll know the concept of levelling up – gaining experience so you can be better and stronger. As a blogger, I’m constantly levelling up my writing skills. As a speaker, I’m constantly levelling up my public engagement abilities. What skills can you level up?
6. Wake up early. Waking up early (say, 5-6am) has been acknowledged by many (Anthony Robbins, Robin Sharma, among other self-help gurus) to improve your productivity and your quality of life. I feel it’s because when you wake up early, your mindset is already set to continue the momentum and proactively live out the day. Seth recently wrote a waking up early series which you should check out to help cultivate this habit.
7. Have a weekly exercise routine. A better you starts with being in better physical shape. I personally make it a point to jog at least 3 times a week, at least 30 minutes each time. You may want to mix it up with jogging, gym lessons and swimming for variation.
9. Get out of your comfort zone. Real growth comes with hard work and sweat. Being too comfortable doesn’t help us grow – it makes us stagnate. What is your comfort zone? Do you stay in most of the time? Do you keep to your own space when out with other people? Shake your routine up. Do something different. By exposing yourself to a new context, you’re literally growing as you learn to act in new circumstances.
11. Identify your blind spots. Scientifically, blind spots refer to areas our eyes are not capable of seeing. In personal development terms, blind spots are things about ourselves we are unaware of. Discovering our blind spots help us discover our areas of improvement. One exercise I use to discover my blind spots is to identify all the things/events/people that trigger me in a day – trigger meaning making me feel annoyed/weird/affected.
READ THE FULL ARTICLE: http://greatnesshq.com/37-great-ways-to-improve-yourself/